Is Chronic Living cancelled or postponed?
Chronic Living will happen, so this is not a cancellation but rather a postponement. However, we hope for your patience and understanding as we try to manage this exceptional situation and reorganize for the new conference date 4-6 March 2021.
What should I do about my booked flights and accommodation?
We encourage you to look into the cancellation policy of your bookings and whether your travel insurance might cover the expenses if your booking offers no possibilities for a refund or rebooking. This also applies for hotels booked at a special conference rate, because although we were able to negotiate a reduced rate, the bookings were made with the hotels themselves.
We have made a standard letter describing the circumstances of the cancellation which we hope, together with your original confirmation letter, can be used for cases with insurance companies – you can find the letter here. If you need a letter specifically addressed to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also note that some airlines are now offering more flexible cancellation and rebooking options due to the COVID-19 crisis.
We aim to be able to confirm the definite new conference dates by the beginning of April, so if you think you can join us in 2021, we hope you might be able to wait and rebook your flights and accommodation to fit these dates.
Can I get my conference fee refunded?
Yes, you can get your conference fee refunded. Alternatively, you can stay signed up for the new dates, and we will keep your registration and fee for the new Chronic Living. Please note that requesting a fee refund means that you will be de-registered from the Chronic Living conference which is currently being rescheduled to early 2021.
How to get refunded, depends on how you paid the fee – choose an option below if you want a refund and cancel your participation:
- Credit card: If you have paid your fee by credit card in 2020, please email us and state “Cancellation, credit card” in the subject line. Then we will process the refund automatically through our conference system. NOTE: ONLY an option if you paid by creditcard in 2020, if you paid your fee in 2019, please refer to the guidelines "Bank transfer/invoice, personal".
- Bank transfer/invoice, personal (participants outside Denmark): If you did a bank transfer or paid the invoice yourself, and want to cancel your participation, please email us the following information: Please state “cancellation, bank transfer” in the subject line. Information needed: Your name, private address incl. country, date of birth, bank name, bank country location, account no., SWIFT, IBAN, and routing number. The information needed for the bank depends on your country of origin, so please check with your bank if in doubt.
- Bank transfer/invoice, personal (participants with a Danish CPR number): Please state “cancellation, bank transfer, DK” in the subject line. Information needed: Your name, CPR number, name of bank, registration number, and accountnumber.
- Invoice paid by company/organization (participants outside Denmark): Please state “cancellation, invoice” in the subject line. Information needed: Beneficiary name, beneficiary Address, country, VAT number (if applicable), bankinformation, internal reference. Your company will receive a credite note to track the transfer from the University of Copenhagen.
- Invoice paid by private company in Denmark: Please state “cancellation, invoice, DK” in the subject line. Information needed: Beneficiary name, beneficiary address, CVR number, name of bank, registration number, accountnumber, internal reference. Your company will receive a credite note to track the transfer from the University of Copenhagen.
- EAN payments (Denmark): If you come from a public institution in Denmark, please state “cancellation, EAN”, in the subject line. Information needed: EAN number, beneficiary name and address, CVR number, contact person, internal reference
Please email the information above to: email@example.com.
- For a faster refund of invoices/bank transfer: If your firm/organization paid for your participation, a faster way to get a refund is to ask your company to address an invoice to:
- Danish Companies: USE EAN number 5798000421547, CVR nr 29979812, University of Copenhagen, Øster Farimagsgade 5, 1353 Copenhagen, Att Vicki Antosz, please refer to the participant name and “Chronic Living Fee refund”.
- Companies outside Denmark: University of Copenhagen, Øster Farimagsgade 5, 1353 Copenhagen, Att. Vicki Antosz, please refer to the participant name and “Chronic Living Fee Refund”. Also include company name, address incl. country, VAT number, bank name, bank country location, account no., SWIFT, IBAN, routing number. The information needed for the bank depends of the country.
Because of the potentially large number of refunds and the COVID 19 situation in Denmark in general, please expect at least one to two months of processing time. We appreciate your patience.
Can I still get my awarded travel bursary?
We will reimburse all non-refundable flights and hotel payments up to and only to the maximum amount awarded in your bursary. Scan your receipts, with a clear indication of the fact that the cost is non-refundable. If this is not clear from the receipt, you have to get a written confirmation from the airline or hotel. Together with the receipts, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org: Name, personal address, country, date of birth, bank country location, name of bank, account number, SWIFT, IBAN, routing number. The information needed for the bank depends on your country of origin, so please check with your bank if in doubt. Please write “Bursary, refund” and your name in the subject line.
Will there be travel bursaries available for the new conference dates in 2021?
We hope to be able to offer travel bursaries for the new conference dates in 2021, but at this point, we are unable to confirm.
I have questions not addressed in this FAQ – how can I get in contact with the organizing group?
You can contact us at email@example.com, but please be patient as reorganizing a conference with 400 registered participants will be quite a challenge. We will do our utmost to get back to you as soon as possible!